To improve the quality of life for our citizens by the development of programs that will create a safe community for every person and animal in Boone County.
The Boone County Animal shelter was established by Boone County Fiscal Court in accordance with the Kentucky Revised Statutes. Its mission is to provide services which safeguard the public health and safety, to humanely house and care for animals in its charge, to protect the animals of the community from abuse and neglect, to end the euthanasia of healthy adoptable animals and to provide its citizens with information concerning responsible ownership.
Our Goals & Objectives
- To provide services which aid in containing free-roaming animals to prevent human injuries and the spread of zoonotic diseases.
- To provide services which help prevent animals from becoming nuisances to the community or a burden to its citizens.
- To develop programs and provide services that reunite lost pets with their owner.
- To provide a physical facility which will house lost, unwanted and neglected animals in a humane manner.
- To provide health care services to those animals housed to promote good health and prevent suffering.
- To provide comprehensive and responsible adoption counseling and services.
- To assist in providing low-cost spay/neuter services.
- To provide services which assist owners in retaining pets during hardships.
- To develop programs which end the euthanasia of every healthy and manageable animal in our care.
- When euthanasia is necessary, to do so in a humane manner, according them dignity and respect during that act.
- To strive to improve performance through education and dedication to our mission.
- To supply Fiscal Court with accurate information upon which to base decisions for service level and expansion.