Wildlife Issues

Wildlife Issues

Wildlife Issues

Our Animal Control department consists of one full-time Sergeant and five full-time animal control officers. We will respond to complaints in as timely a manner as possible. However, if you are experiencing an animal-related emergency please contact the department directly at (859) 586-5285. If Animal Control is not open,contact Boone County dispatch at (859) 371-1234 with emergency situations.
Please use the FAQ below to receive answers to some of the most common wildlife issues.


There is a wild animal on my property that appears to be sick or injured. What should I do?

Will animal control come remove a wild animal from my chimney/ceiling/wall/etc.?

There is a fawn (or a nest of bunny babies, or other baby wildlife) on my property. What should I do?

What should I do if I find a bat in my residence or business?

What can Animal Control do if I see or hear coyotes in my neighborhood?

Canada geese have taken up residence at my residence or place of business. Help!



4 th

largest county



42 mi

of riverfront