Boone's Landing Marina is an outdoor recreation facility that includes a dock, marina and bathroom facilities and is located at 14036 Boat Dock Road Union, KY 41091. Boone's Landing is managed by the Boone County Parks Department. In the 1960’s Big Bone Access Site was developed by the National Park Service and U.S. Army Corps of Engineers to provide access to the Ohio River for fishing and boating. The property consists of approximately 42 acres and is fronted by Big Bone Creek which provides a navigable waterway to the Ohio River at mile 516.8. Around 1986.
Big Bone creek is ~ 200+ feet wide with depths of 8 - 18 ft. Channel depths from Ohio R. to Boones Landing are ~15 ft. There are three creeks that make up the Big Bone watershed: Big Bone Cr., South Fork Cr., Mudlick Cr. The combined run for a canoe is about 8-10 miles. Most bass boats fish the entire watershed. Past fishing catch reports include bluegill, redear sunfish, channel and blue catfish, hybrid striped bass, white, smallmouth, and largemouth bass. Early spring and late fall boaters report on white and black crappie runs.
- Boat storage- covered and uncovered
- Pontoon summer docking
- Excellent boat ramp facility
- Accesses the Ohio River at 516 mile marker
- Parking spaces for 60 truck/trailer combo, Additional car only lot.
- Lighted shelter
- Kentucky fishing at its best
- Super flat back water Kayaking and Canoeing
- Some of the most scenic waters along the entire Ohio River
- And we are only 3 miles from famous Big Bone Lick State Park.
Hours of Operation
- The ramp remains open 24/7 for boaters to launch boats. Cost is $6.00 We have a season pass for $60.00.
- Please take extra time to space out while waiting to load boats into the water. Stay off the ramp if others are loading or unloading to avoid crowding. Wait until the courtesy dock is clear of others.
- Our restrooms are now open for the 2022 season. A Port-A-Let will remain on site as well.
- Our Fishing area is open 7AM to 8:30PM. Cost is $4.00 per person.
- Please be safe and stay healthy
Boone's Landing strives to provide recreational experiences for families in order that they can relax and enjoy the beauty of the Ohio River Valley and the surrounding Boone County. We are located at 14036 Boat Dock Rd., Union, KY 41091.