The following is the policy for hiding caches in Boone County parks.
- Groups/individuals must stay on trails at Sperti Nature Park where hiking off trail can cause ecological damage.
- Groups/individuals must obey operating hours and park rules and must park in designated parking areas only.
- The owner of the cache should provide an email of request to the Parks Director listed below.
- Current cache owners who already have caches in Boone County Parks should send an email in the same manner as a new cache.
- Boone County Parks will respond to the request and will issue an approval number. Once this has been received the cache owner may seek approval from geocaching.com
- Park staff will remove all caches hidden without approval.
- As per standard GeoCaching rules, no burying of caches is allowed anywhere in the Boone County Park system.
- Physical caches are not allowed in the following areas:
- Big Bone Landing
- Volpenhien Park
- Golf courses
- Union Pool area
- Anywhere there are gates locked/fences to keep visitors out.
- On the surface of any playing fields.
- Name, address and phone number of the owner.
- Include the name the cache will have on Geocaching.com.
- Coordinates of the cache location and the coordinates any steps to get to the cache if applicable (for multi caches).
- Name of the park where cache is to be hidden.
- Include a description of the cache container (Tupperware, ammo box, and film canister).
- If you include a parking suggestion include this in the request.
- Include if the cache is existing (hidden prior to May 1, 2007 only) or new cache.
- Include 1-2 sentences describing where the cache is hidden.