Boone County ABC

Alcoholic Beverage Control

ABC Licensing
All organizations, including non-profit organizations and faith communities, must have an Alcoholic Beverage Control (ABC) license to legally sell or serve alcohol. Our office works closely with organizations to help them through the application process.

Apply for an ABC License
There are several different types of ABC licenses. You will need a temporary license for special events, such as church festivals and non-profit fundraisers that auction or sell alcohol. Restaurants, bars and liquor stores are required to hold the appropriate permanent license for the type of alcohol sold. Get started and apply for your license today. Here's how:

Step 1: Apply for a state ABC license.
Visit the Kentucky Department of Alcoholic Beverage Control to apply for or renew an ABC license. You must first secure a state license before applying for a county license and pay the state fee.

Step 2: Visit the Boone County Clerk’s Office.

Bring the following to the Boone County Clerk’s Office (2950 Washington Street, Burlington, Ky 41005) to receive your county ABC license:
  • Valid state ABC license
  • County license fee (see schedule)
Step 3: Renew Your License.
All ABC licenses must be renewed each year by November 30. You must renew both state and county licenses.

ABC Licensing Resources
Kentucky ABC Licensing Department
ABC County Licensing Fees
Alcoholic Beverage Ordinance
STAR Training





4 th

largest county



42 mi

of riverfront